A Part-Time Entry level position aspiring to be a basketball development trainer at M14 Hoops.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Looking for candidates with experience in education, childcare, restaurant management, retail management, account management, customer service, incentive based sales, sales coordination, business development, or sports development.
Summary of Responsibilities:
As a M14 Hoops Trainee, you’ll gain responsibility for maintaining and enforcing the M14 Standards utilizing the training skills you are taught. You’ll be responsible for assisting M14 Trainers with group teaching, learning all players names, and setting up and breaking down court equipment. You will also learn how to deliver and manage superior customer service. We will teach you how to effectively communicate, influence and interact with players of all ages, ranks and positions. In your development to become a successful trainer at M14 Hoops, you’ll learn how to mentor, train, develop, manage and promote an academy location of your own.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Regardless of college major or professional experience, nearly 100% of our full-time employees start out in our M14 Way Management Training Program. This allows everyone to learn our business from the ground up and understand how they play a significant role in seeing it succeed. Once you’ve completed your initial orientation and training, you’ll be placed as a part-time Jr. Trainer and the on-the-job training begins. You’ll learn valuable training skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes.
During your first M14 Hoops Academy Season, you will actively participate in camps and academy sessions in order to learn how to assist our different types of players from 2nd graders to High School graduates. As you progress, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in these areas. Successful completion of these tests and evaluations will result in rewards, pay increases and the opportunity for continued promotions.
- Reports to: Court Leader
- Pay: (TBA)
- Hours (dependent on the season):
- Summer: 40-70/month
- Fall: 75-100/month
- Winter: 15-20/month
- Spring: 70-90/month
- High energy
- Passion for working with children of all ages
- Works well in a team environment
- Takes criticism objectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to articulate and project voice in noisy environments
- Loves basketball
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- College degree required.
- Must have played varsity basketball.
- Must have participation or work experience in any of the following: customer service, retail or commission sales, OR leadership in athletic/team activities, OR membership or leadership in community, social or academic organizations. OR military leadership experience (preferably E4 status or higher.)
- Must have an unrestricted valid driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents within the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) in the past 5 years.
- Must be available to work an average of 10 hours per week.
- Must be living within a reasonable commute of no more than 1 hour to the location(s) listed above within 30 days of anticipated start date.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.